Sebelas Maret International Conferences, The 2nd INCREDIBLE

Font Size: 
Determining The Priorities Location Of Affordable Housing Development With TOAHD Concept In Bregasmalang Agglomeration Area
Okto Risdianto Manullang

Building: Parallel Session 2
Room: G
Date: 2020-10-27 02:45 PM – 04:00 PM
Last modified: 2020-10-19


The proportion of housing and transportation expenses is the highest expense in Central Java and the Bregasmalang Agglomeration Area, with a percentage of 70.73% and 67.63%. This situation can affect the level of welfare and purchasing power of low-income residents (MBR) because they only have a remaining income allocation of 29.27 to 32.37% to meet the other needs. In line with the establishment of Bregasmalang Agglomeration Area as one of the quick-win priority region through the Brebes Industrial Area, the provision of affordable housing with Transit-Oriented Affordable Housing Development (TOAHD) approach is deemed vital to support the development of Brebes Industrial Area by cutting housing and transportation costs, so that it can improve community welfare. Based on this, this study aims to determine priority locations for affordable housing using the TOAHD approach to accommodate community activities in Bregasmalang, especially Brebes Industrial Area and low-income workers. The method used is a quantitative approach with descriptive analysis, GIS-based spatial analysis, and AHP. The results told that the Bregasmalang Agglomeration Area has 22 priority locations for affordable housing emerging from the elimination process of 71 potential affordable housing locations. These priority locations spread across three Local Activity Centers (PKL) with details, namely 15 locations for Slawi - Adiwerna local activity centers, 4 locations for Ketanggungan - Kersana local activity centers, and 3 locations for East Tegal local activity centers. The priority locations in Bregasmalang Agglomeration Area tend to be centered on Slawi - Adiwerna local activity center, which is located in Dukuhsalam Village, Slawi District. The results of this study are expected to be adopted as a reference for the Government in determining priority locations for affordable housing in the Bregasmalang Agglomeration Area.

Keywords: affordable housing, transit-oriented development, priority locations